Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminArnaud (Co-founder and CTO, VideoNot.es) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Faig commented  · 

I second the though from Jason Darrell below. Allow multiple collaborators to leave comments at the same time. One idea is to use a Google spreadsheet as the underlying data structure and each row would represent a chunk of time (see example). Or, you could create a compressed time line which can be clicked to jump to the relevant comments. My guess is that most of the video will not have comments and the trick will be navigating quickly.

| time | user #1 | user #2 | other users across columns
        | 01s to 20s | good point | incorrect data | . . .
        | 21s to 40s | | interesting argument | . . .

• Anonymous commented  · 

I’ll add to what Jason said, it would be nice to have an easy way of reversing the videos 5 to 10 seconds, and not just 30 seconds. This way it would be easy to rewind the video just before the spot that you need to mark the time so it would be easy just to hit the time mark and it will go right where you want.

• Jason Darrell commented  · 

Real-time collaboration would be great, especially if there were 'minutes' on the left column of the note-taking interface.

The notes obviously recognise where they belong in the video, so why not display the respective time?

That way, you can point your peers to "at 1:32, Mr Bean said 'Wibble' - discuss"

By saving the notes in Drive and sharing the note, you can have multiple commentators on your document at the same time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base